Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Trade Barrier Conspiracy Theories

I found this little item interesting:

Korean Air has forbidden the use of Dell and Apple laptop PCs during flight due to the risk of battery explosion...The batteries, manufactured by Sony, were reported to have caught fire while in use on several occasions.

Not only is this interesting since I think this is a first, but also because I own a Apple Laptop. Or more specificaly, I own an Apple Laptop who's batter was recalled. The odd thing is it was an older recall and the battery was not made by Sony. It was made by LG Chemical, and had similar problems. The paranoid in me wonders why the ban all of a sudden.

(Final funny note, the LG Chem battery was replaced with one of the defective Sony batteries...sigh!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home