Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Korean Wine

This is off topic for the most part, but I want to make a not here to remind me of the article. The Chosun Ilbo reports on some study or survey about Korean wine consumption. It notes that the most popular wines are usually cheap and sweet. No surprise, most countries in the early adoption stages of wine choose cheap and sweet. Even the US has it to some extent. However this being Korea, I wonder if this is an early stage or a final stage. In the past I have commented on the Korean habit of taking an import, and making it a national standard. For example, instant coffee still dominates the Korean market, despite alternatives being available. The same thing  can be said for cans of Spam. I wonder if wine could end up being the same thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home