Friday, July 21, 2006

Screen Quota

As I said in a post a day or so ago, one reason I started to blog was to keep the clippings of various interesting things out there I could never find once I actualy needed them. One thing I am seriously considering doing is keeping a running tally on news on why there is no need for a screen quota. I have blogged in the past about the pointless of the screen quota in Korea, but could not link to much. Perhaps now I keep a record on the issue. Anyway from the Korea Herald today:

Director Kang Woo-suk hit the mark again with his latest blockbuster "Hanbando (Korean Peninsula)" which, with a popular nationalistic theme, edged Hollywood films "Superman Returns" and "Pirates of the Caribbean" in box offices nationwide. In a week, two million people watched the movie...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home