Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Hillstate

Not really IP related, but I wanted to put this somewhere. From a Korea Times article on a new Hyundai Construction brand:
Hyundai said the brand ``Hillstate'' is to evoke feelings of high society and pride and is a combination of the word ``Hill'' representing a high-class residential complex and ``state'' that suggests high status.

Additionally, the name symbolizes the ``H'' of Hyundai emphasizing ``history,'' ``hotness,'' ``human,'' and ``honor,'' which are four main tailored categories appealing to consumers, company officials said.
Silly me, I thought the "H" in Hyundai meant "Hyundai". Barring that, how could the H represent four things at the same time (in addition the name). Thats one busy "H". Finally, "Hotness"? "Human"? Who are they kidding?

3 Comments:

At November 04, 2007 4:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They left out "H is for Hubris"...

 
At November 16, 2007 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all a bunch of hype. I moved into Hyundai Hometown, and a few months later, they put up new signs and painted the sides "Hillstate." I even had to get a new car decal and front door pass card made. WTF? Wife says they did it to raise the property value. What a bunch of crap!

 
At October 29, 2012 9:50 AM, Anonymous Julie Anne said...

I always wanted to have a hillstate estate. I mean something up on the hill and high so that I can see the world below.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home